|Event:||Indian Premier League 2009/10|
DateLine: 13th February 2010
Rajasthan Royals star all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja has been slapped with a ban for one year after violating his contract.
The Indian all-rounder has been accused of violating the IPL rules by negotiating with other teams for a higher pay.
"It has come to our notice that he was trying to violate all the franchisee and IPL rules," an IPL official said. "He tried to bargain about his fees with his team. Such indiscipline cannot be tolerated." A complaint was lodged against him. The authorities after making necessary inquiries unanimously decided to ban him for 12 months.
Jadeja was bought by the Royals from under-19 category. According to reports, in the second season, Royals wanted to sign Jadeja for two years but he agreed to play for them for a year.
After his contract expired in December last year, he started looking for a better deal with other teams. But according to the code of conduct, he can do so only if Royals - who have the first right to refusal - let him go.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE