|Player:||DPMD Jayawardene, ML Udawatte, LD Chandimal|
|Event:||Idea Cup 2009/10|
DateLine: 7th January 2010
Sri Lanka recalled former captain Mahela Jayawardene and two other players as injury cover for the ongoing Tri-series One-day tournament in Bangladesh.
Opener Mahela Udawatte and uncapped wicketkeeper-batsman Dinesh Chandimal were called up alongside Jayawardene and all three were expected to join the squad.
Jayawardene was not originally selected for the tournament, which also involves hosts Bangladesh and India, after picking up an injury last month.
"He is now fit and ready to play," manager Brendon Kuruppu said.
The call-ups follow injuries to middle-order batsman Chamara Silva, who has been ruled out of the tournament with a broken thumb, as well as opener Tillakaratne Dilshan and all rounder Muthumudalige Pushpakumara, who are under observation.
Dilshan suffered a groin injury on Monday on his away to a match-winning century in the opening match of the tournament against Bangladesh and missed the win over India on Tuesday. Pushpakumara injured his right shoulder while fielding during the India match.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- Australia in India 2016/17
- Australia Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa in New Zealand 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Australia 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE