DateLine: 21st December 2009
Todmorden have signed South African all rounder David Wiese as professional for 2010.
The 24 year-old was professional for Northern League side Darwen last season, hitting 547 runs at 42.1 with a top score of 129. His right arm fast medium paced bowling picked up 40 wickets at 21.1 with a best of 6-37. He also stood in as professional for Rishton against Ramsbottom, taking 4-48 but failing to score with the bat.
Since his First-class debut in 2005 for Easterns alongside former Accrington professional Andre Seymore, Wiese has scored 1790 runs at 41.6, including five centuries the best of which was 208. He has accounted for 96 victims in First-class matches at a cost of 26.5.
Wiese has recently appeared in the Hong Kong Sixes for South Africa and he played in both two day games for a South African Invitation XI against England, taking 2-89 in the first match and scoring 80 in the second.
He will be Todmorden's seventh South African professional following in the footsteps of Rushed Majiet (1969), Farnie De Villiers (1987), Frans Cronje (1997), Morne van Wyke (2006), Francois du Plessis (2007) and Gulam Bodi (2008).
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE