|Event:||England in South Africa 2009/10|
DateLine: 5th November 2009
England all-rounder Luke Wright said he is not interested in comparisons drawn between himself and Andrew Flintoff.
England are still looking for a successor to Flintoff following his retirement from Test cricket earlier this year.
The long tour to South Africa, offers the chance for candidates like Wright and Stuart Broad - the name mentioned as the most likely to fill the void.
But, when said whether there is any possibility of replacing Flintoff, Wright insisted there were not many parallels.
"Obviously you aspire to do what he's achieved, he was a world-class player and will hopefully continue to be so when he comes back," the Sussex all-rounder said.
"But, for me, apart from the all-rounder role, there is no real comparison. He's 6ft 6in and bowls at 95 miles per hour and I'm under six foot and probably bowl 85(mph).
"So to compare it is not something I look to do - I'll let other people do it. I just look to do things the way I can and hopefully I can achieve as much as he has in the game, but in my own way."
Wright's his recent form has forced the selectors to get him into the Test team as well, meaning he is in all three squads for the matches against the Proteas.
"I enjoy my role and love where I'm batting. I've always said that I don't mind where I bat as long as I play.
"But it's nice to be playing that all-rounder role, I'm batting sort of seven and still getting a good bowl. So that's what I've always looked to do. I want to be doing the full role, so I'm happy."
- Asia Cup 2015/16
- Australia in New Zealand 2015/16
- England in South Africa 2015/16
- England Women in South Africa 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Australia 2015/16
- Netherlands in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Scotland in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in India 2015/16
- West Indies Women in South Africa 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE