|Player:||DL Vettori, JD Ryder, MJ Guptill, KD Mills|
DateLine: 22nd October 2009
Daniel Vettori was named New Zealand cricketer of the year as part of a hat-trick of awards for the captain of the national team. Vettori also picked up the award for all rounder and most successful first class bowler.
"Daniel has been an inspiration to his team and to New Zealand cricket fans," New Zealand Cricket chief executive Justin Vaughan said.
"This year he has also cemented his reputation as one of the most accomplished captains in world cricket currently."
Vettori had led his team by example, with his Test feats including taking six wickets in an innings against the West Indies, and a century against India. Later in the year the 30-year-old scored 140 against Sri Lanka and joined the elite club of Test players with 300 wickets and 3,000 runs.
Jesse Ryder won the first class batting award after scoring his maiden Test century and then a double ton against India, which gave him a 2008/09 season Test average of 55.
The outstanding one-day international batting performance award went to Martin Guptill, who scored 122 on his debut against the West Indies.
The one-day bowling award went to Kyle Mills, whose successes included taking a match-winning four for 35 against Australia in Perth.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE