|Event:||Champions League 2009/10|
DateLine: 16th October 2009
Glenn McGrath will soon be doing double duty of representing the Delhi Daredevils and as well as being the bowling coach for New South Wales. McGrath, who is in India playing for Daredevils in the Champions League, has accepted an offer made by New South Wales coach Matt Mott, who had approached him for his services as the bowling coach for the Blues.
"Glenn will be working with the boys. He's pretty excited by some of the young guys coming through, Josh Hazlewood and those sort of guys. Just that simple approach he has to bowling, and the respect he obviously has from everyone in the game, is going to be invaluable to us," The Sydney Morning Herald quoted Mott, as saying.
"The young guys will get a lot out of it. He'll never over-complicate it. He always had a lot of belief in his ability and if he can transfer that to our players, it'll be awesome. He wants to get involved for the first time on a regular basis and really help us out and that's going to be great for us. For that kind of role, you couldn't really pick anyone you'd rather have," he added.
During the second season of the Indian Premier League McGrath was benched for all the matches but was called-up for the Champions trophy due to injuries to AB de Villiers, Daniel Vettori and Paul Collingwood. McGrath did well during Daredevils second game against Sri Lanka's Wayamba XI, were he had figures of 2-20 in his team's vital 50-run.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- New Zealand in Australia 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE