DateLine: 16th October 2009
Younis Khan has made it clear to the Pakistan Cricket Board that he would withdraw his resignation from the captain's post only if he is retained at the helm till the 2011 World Cup.
Younis Khan, after being grilled about match-fixing charges by the National Assembly standing committee on sports, met PCB chief Ejaz Butt and stated that if he was to remain captain, he would want the job till the next World Cup.
A top PCB source confirmed that Younis and Butt had a long meeting and the senior batsman, who was being asked by the PCB chief to take back his resignation, made his stand clear.
"Younis made his position very clear to Butt that he is not taking his resignation back until all his conditions are met by the board, the most important being his appointment as captain on a long-term basis," a PCB source said.
"He wanted an announcement that he would be made captain till the next World Cup so that some players who harboured ambitions of replacing him got down to concentrating on their game," he added.
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in Australia 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in New Zealand 2015/16
- UAE Associates Matches 2015/16
- West Indies in Australia 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE