DateLine: 16th October 2009
Younis Khan has made it clear to the Pakistan Cricket Board that he would withdraw his resignation from the captain's post only if he is retained at the helm till the 2011 World Cup.
Younis Khan, after being grilled about match-fixing charges by the National Assembly standing committee on sports, met PCB chief Ejaz Butt and stated that if he was to remain captain, he would want the job till the next World Cup.
A top PCB source confirmed that Younis and Butt had a long meeting and the senior batsman, who was being asked by the PCB chief to take back his resignation, made his stand clear.
"Younis made his position very clear to Butt that he is not taking his resignation back until all his conditions are met by the board, the most important being his appointment as captain on a long-term basis," a PCB source said.
"He wanted an announcement that he would be made captain till the next World Cup so that some players who harboured ambitions of replacing him got down to concentrating on their game," he added.
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE