|Event:||Champions League 2009/10|
DateLine: 15th October 2009
Marcus Trescothick has been forced to return home from the Champions League Twenty20 tournament in India following a recurrence of a stress-related illness. The former England batsman will play no further part in Somerset's campaign after being given permission to fly back to Britain.
The 33-year-old retired from international cricket last year after suffering problems on previous tours.
Somerset director of cricket Brian Rose said: "As you are all aware, Marcus Trescothick has made a great effort to travel to India to attend this exciting tournament.
"Regrettably it has not worked out for him regarding his personal well-being and he has travelled back to England to rejoin his family.
"The club and all his team-mates have fully appreciated this effort and personal commitment and look forward to further success on his behalf."
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE