|Player:||Mushtaq Ahmed, Shahid Afridi|
DateLine: 12th October 2009
Former Pakistan leggie Mushtaq Ahmed said that the PCB should appoint Shahid Afridi the helmsman of the national team, replacing Younis Khan.
Mushtaq, believes the flamboyant all-rounder Afridi could prove to be a very successful leader.
"I think, it would be better if the PCB change the captain (Younus Khan) and give the responsibility to Afridi.
"As Younis himself has said it does not bother him if he is not the captain and willing to play as a senior member of the side," Mushtaq said in an interview.
Mushtaq's comments came a day after Afridi met PCB Chairman Ejaz Butt, to discuss the team's performance in the Champions Trophy.
Pakistan would next play a three-match one-day series against New Zealand in Abu Dhabi and two Twenty20 matches in Dubai from November 3.
Mushtaq was quite impressed after watching Afridi leads his department team Habib Bank in the domestic circuit.
"Afridi is one of those players, who if given extra responsibility of captaincy will also raise his individual game. We saw that happen in the Champions Trophy tie against the West Indies when he put his head down and batted with responsibility," Mushtaq said.
- Asia Cup 2015/16
- Australia in New Zealand 2015/16
- England in South Africa 2015/16
- England Women in South Africa 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Australia 2015/16
- Scotland in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in India 2015/16
- West Indies Women in South Africa 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE