|Player:||KP Pietersen, A Flower|
|Event:||England in South Africa 2009/10|
DateLine: 8th October 2009
England remain hopeful that star batsman Kevin Pietersen will be fit to feature on the winter tour of South Africa.
Pietersen, has been sidelined since July following Achilles surgery but is now expected to be among the names when national selector Geoff Miller announces the Test and one-day parties for the 11-week trip at Lord's on Thursday.
Although it's not certain yet whether or not wil he be fit for the two Twenty20 internationals on November 13 and 15 but the England hierarchy remain optimistic of his return during the five-match one-day series, which begins on November 20.
Pietersen last played in Ashes when he hobbled out of the Ashes victory at Lord's.
"He is getting better quite quickly now so we are very hopeful he will make the trip," England skipper Andrew Strauss told BBC Radio 4.
"Hopefully he will play in some one-dayers and then a full part in the rest of the series.
"The sooner he is back the better. It's going to be as hard a series as we could possibly have at this stage of our development."
Strauss and England coach Andy Flower addressed Miller and his fellow selectors Ashley Giles and James Whitaker on Tuesday.
"We can't say yet but I am still thinking positively along the lines of him starting the South African tour," Flower said.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- Australia in India 2016/17
- Australia Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa in New Zealand 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Australia 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE