DateLine: 6th October 2009
New Zealand skipper Daniel Vettori is the leading candidate for the New Zealand cricketer of the year award for the 2008/09 season.
All-rounder Vettori, who became the eighth player to reach the 300 wickets-3,000 runs Test double during the recent series with Sri Lanka, has been nominated for best first-class batsman, best first-class bowler, best one-day international bowler and all-rounder of the year.
The 30-year-old scored 475 Test runs which included a century and three 50s at an average of 43.18. He took 36 wickets at 27.22 with three five-wicket hauls.
His figures were slightly less impressive in the one-day arena, although he had a runs-per-over rate of 4.16.
Other nominees include Jesse Ryder (best first-class batsman), Daryl Tuffey (best first-class bowler), Grant Elliott, Martin Guptill and Ross Taylor (best ODI batsman),
Redpath Cup (best first-class batsman): Jesse Ryder, Mathew Sinclair, Daniel Vettori.
Winsor Cup (best first-class bowler): Iain O'Brien, Daryl Tuffey, Daniel Vettori.
Walter Hadlee Trophy (best one-day international batsman): Grant Elliott, Martin Guptill, Ross Taylor.
Walter Hadlee Trophy (best ODI bowler): Kyle Mills, Iain O'Brien, Daniel Vettori.
JR Reid Best All-Rounder Trophy: James Franklin, Daniel Vettori, Kane Williamson.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE