|Event:||ICC Champions Trophy 2009/10|
DateLine: 1st October 2009
Australia have called up all-rounder David Hussey to replace Michael Clarke for the final stages of the ICC Champions Trophy.
Hussey, who can only be included after being approved by ICC was scheduled to fly from Melbourne to New Delhi tomorrow morning to prepare for the Bushrangers' Champions League Twenty20 campaign scheduled to start next Thursday.
Australia have entered the semi-finals of the Champions Trophy courtesy a last-ball victory over Pakistan at Centurion in their final group game yesterday.
The win was achieved without the services of vice-captain Clarke, who has returned to Sydney for treatment on a chronic lower back injury.
Left-arm quick Nathan Bracken, also forced to return home due to injury will undergo surgery on his knee.
Cricket Australia doctor Trefor James said the decision was made after consultation with specialists in Melbourne and Sydney.
"Following consultation with knee specialists, Nathan has been booked in for arthroscopic surgery next week," James said.
"His progress following surgery will monitored for a return to training in due course."
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in Australia 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in New Zealand 2015/16
- UAE Associates Matches 2015/16
- West Indies in Australia 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE