|Player:||SR Waugh, Wasim Akram|
DateLine: 1st October 2009
Former Pakistan captain Wasim Akram and former Australian skipper Steve Waugh have been inducted into the ICC Hall of Fame.
Herbert Sutcliffe, Clarrie Grimmett and Victor Trumper, are the other three cricketers who were added, bringing the total number of players in that club to 60. The trio is no more.
"It is a great honour to be inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame and to see my name feature alongside such greats of the game including the likes of Don Bradman," Steve Waugh said.
Akram said the induction is an acknowledgment of his career.
"This honour is the perfect icing on the cake of a decent career. It is a great feeling to know your contribution and achievements in this fascinating sport are being acknowledged in such a way," he said.
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE