|Event:||ICC Champions Trophy 2009/10|
DateLine: 30th September 2009
New Zealand skipper Daniel Vettori said that it was important for them and others to keep the spirit of the game intact.
Vettori let go English batsman Paul Collingwood, who was run out after inexplicably wandering out of his ground at the end of the 11th over with England in trouble at 27 for three.
After a time taking deliberation, the Kiwis continued the game, despite the fact Collingwood should technically have been dismissed under the laws of the game.
"It was one of those situations where I had a little bit of time to think about it," Vettori said.
"I deliberated with team-mates and the umpires out there and in the end Paul had no intention of making a run, he just wandered out of his crease and it was a lot easier to call him back and get on with the game.
"Under the laws of the game it was probably out but we have discussed the spirit of the game a lot lately and that was the basis for the decision.
"More than anything it was easier just to get on with the game and hopefully turn around by getting him out shortly after."
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- Australia in India 2016/17
- Australia Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa in New Zealand 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Australia 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE