|Player:||Umar Akmal, AD Jadeja|
|Event:||ICC Champions Trophy 2009/10|
DateLine: 26th September 2009
Former India player Ajay Jadeja said that Umar Akmal will play a big role in their high-profile Group A match against India at Centurion on Saturday.
"I saw him batting and he appears to be a very exciting young talent for Pakistan. I think he can create a difference tomorrow. I liked his game and attitude," Jadeja said on a cricket show on "Duniya" channel today.
Jadeja, said that though the current Pakistan team lacked big names, Younis Khan has many a exciting talents up his sleeves.
"They lack big names but they still have some good talents. Umar Akmal is certainly one of them," he stated.
To a question about reports that they were differences in the Indian team, Jadeja replied in the negative.
"I don't think so. People sitting outside may have this feeling but there is nothing in the team," the player-turned-cricket expert said.
"Mahendra Singh Dhoni is leading the team smoothly. If there is any problem now, it is with the vice-captain?s spot since both Virender Sehwag and Yuvraj Singh are injured and not available for the tournament," he said.
Though Jadeja felt that Sehwag and Yuvraj's injury was a big setback for the team, he still tagged India as favourites to win the much-anticipated match against Pakistan simply because the team boasts of some world class players.
- Asia Cup 2015/16
- Australia in New Zealand 2015/16
- Australia Women in New Zealand 2015/16
- England in South Africa 2015/16
- England Women in South Africa 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Australia 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in India 2015/16
- West Indies Women in South Africa 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE