|Event:||ICC Champions Trophy 2009/10|
DateLine: 24th September 2009
Australia received a major setback as fast bowler Nathan Bracken was ruled out of the tournament with a chronic knee injury.
According to reports in Australian papers, The decision to send Bracken home was made overnight in South Africa. The decision wasn't made because of any specific problem, but because of the long-term nature of the injury which had aggravated.
The seriousness of the injury is not yet known but it is also likely to place him in doubt for next month's Champions League Twenty20 tournament, in which he was due to represent his home state of New South Wales.
Bracken's loss is a serious blow for Australia, since he is currently their highest ranked ODI bowler. He has been an outstanding limited-overs bowler with his nagging accuracy, changes of pace and ability to move the ball.
Cricket Australia has not yet confirmed the decision, or who will replace Bracken in the 15-man squad.
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE