|Event:||ICC Champions Trophy 2009/10|
DateLine: 13th September 2009
Pakistan Tests and ODI skipper Younis Khan said he wants to win the upcoming ICC Champions Trophy or the 2011 World Cup during his tenure as Pakistan captain.
"Every captain has certain targets in mind, mine is that we must win either of these two major ICC events until I am captain," Younis told reporters at the start of the second phase of the Champions Trophy conditioning camp on Friday.
"We also go to Australia later this year and we have never won a Test series there. I think we have the best chance of achieving this first time feat in the coming series.
"Beating Australia in Australia is something I have always dreamed off," he added.
The senior batsman said Pakistan has a real strong side but they need them to click collectively.
"We have the players to win the Champions Trophy or World Cup and even beat Australia in Australia but we need to combine and click together," he said.
Younis also spoke about a bilateral Test series against India and said that it has always a big thing for him.
"I would love the lead the team in a full series against India as beating them would be a big achievement for me and a big plus in my cricket career," he said.
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England in India 2016/17
- England Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- Pakistan Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE