|Event:||ICC Champions Trophy 2009/10|
DateLine: 7th September 2009
Pakistan skipper Younis Khan said that his team is capable of winning the Champions Trophy 2009 in South Africa.
He though also added his players will have to play out of their skin to lift the coveted trophy.
"The sort of team we are at the moment, I don't see any reason why we can't repeat our Twenty20 World Cup success in the Champions Trophy," he told reporters at the conclusion of the week-long conditioning camp in Lahore on Sunday.
"But we have to give our best in all the matches, no matter whom we play -- whether it is West Indies or India," he said.
The middle-order batsman said the Champions Trophy is a real test for all the eight participating teams and the competition would be tough.
"All the teams are equally balanced so I don't like to make any predictions, but in such a tight competition one bad day is enough to put a team out of the tournament. So we will have to play out of our skins in every match," the skipper said.
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE