|Player:||SE Bond, DL Vettori|
|Event:||New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2009|
DateLine: 1st September 2009
New Zealand speedster Shane Bond will make a comeback to official cricket after two years when he plays in a Twenty20 international against Sri Lanka.
Bond, was very happy with the news to be back again after snapping links with the unauthorised Indian Cricket League (ICL).
"It's been a long time coming and it's something I never thought would happen again," he said. "It feels like I am starting all over again."
"I think I set myself pretty high standards and it is up to me to meet those," he said. "I always strive to be the best bowler in the world, nothing's changed there."
The 34-year-old's pace had fetched him 79 wickets in 17 Tests, 125 from 67 ODI's and 12 in nine Twenty20 matches till he was banished for his ICL connections.
The right-armer was not picked for the preceding Test series which Sri Lanka swept 2-0. He warmed up instead by playing for New Zealand's 'A' team in India last month.
The Black Caps captain Daniel Vettori though warned against expecting the premier fast bowler to deliver immediate results.
"I can see the pressure building from a distance," said Vettori. "People are viewing him as a sort of saviour to some recent woes, but I think we need to let Shane relax and build his way back into the team."
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- Sri Lanka in India 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE