DateLine: 27th August 2009
Bangladesh coach Jamie Siddons is suffering from skin cancer and will undergo surgery on Thursday.
"I have skin cancer near my eye and I will need a surgery to have it removed on Thursday," the Australian told Bangladeshi newspaper Prothom Alo.
After Bangladesh's successful tour of Zimbabwe, Siddons did not return with the team last week, rather went to Australia for the surgery and is supposed to join the team after three weeks of leave.
The coach is hoping that the cancer is not too serious but admitted that all depends on how the cancer has spread.
"The plastic surgeon says it should be straight forward and I can travel back in two weeks if there are no complications after surgery."
"I'm hoping for smooth outcome from the surgery. It all depends on the spread of the cancer when they start looking! I'm only here (Australia) for surgery, not for holidays mate. I already put this surgery off by eight weeks so I could be with the team on the tour."
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE