DateLine: 23rd August 2009
New Zealand Cricket have announced big changes to their selection panel.
Places have been created for captain Daniel Vettori and coach Andy Moles in the selection panel.
Vettori and Moles join existing selectors Glenn Turner and Mark Greatbatch, with former India coach John Wright taking on a role as non-voting adviser to the panel.
Dion Nash stepped down from the selection panel as part of the changes to focus on personal commitments.
"The make-up of this selection panel - with the inclusion of both the coach and captain - is innovative but consistent with the way we have been operating," said NZC chief executive Justin Vaughan.
"Both captain and coach currently form our 'on-tour' selection panel, who select teams when the Black Caps are playing.
"Andy and Dan see and work with our leading players constantly, and are directly accountable for team performance. Therefore we believe it is important they have a formal input into the selection process."
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE