|Event:||Pakistan in Sri Lanka 2009|
DateLine: 5th August 2009
Pakistan skipper Younis Khan said his team's recent defeats are the result of a 'flawed domestic structure'.
Sunday's six-wicket reverse saw Sri Lanka take an unassailable 3-0 lead in the five-match ODI series against Pakistan.
This ODI series win comes immediately after the hosts won the Test series comfortably with a 2-0 margin.
Younis came out with a scathing attack on faulty techniques of his young players.
"The problem with Pakistan cricket is that our domestic structure is flawed," he said.
"The players have a faulty technique and only overcome these shortcomings once they start playing for the national team.
"Even when I first came into the Pakistan team, my technique was not good. It took me two years to get it right."
Younis also slashed claims that his team was fragmented.
"I have a perfectly fine relationship with all the players in the team including the senior players," Younus said.
"I am not a mad man and I don't go out fighting with everyone."
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE