|Event:||Pakistan in Sri Lanka 2009|
DateLine: 5th August 2009
Pakistan skipper Younis Khan said his team's recent defeats are the result of a 'flawed domestic structure'.
Sunday's six-wicket reverse saw Sri Lanka take an unassailable 3-0 lead in the five-match ODI series against Pakistan.
This ODI series win comes immediately after the hosts won the Test series comfortably with a 2-0 margin.
Younis came out with a scathing attack on faulty techniques of his young players.
"The problem with Pakistan cricket is that our domestic structure is flawed," he said.
"The players have a faulty technique and only overcome these shortcomings once they start playing for the national team.
"Even when I first came into the Pakistan team, my technique was not good. It took me two years to get it right."
Younis also slashed claims that his team was fragmented.
"I have a perfectly fine relationship with all the players in the team including the senior players," Younus said.
"I am not a mad man and I don't go out fighting with everyone."
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE