|Event:||New Zealand in Sri Lanka 2009|
DateLine: 4th August 2009
New Zealand have set off for the Sri Lankan tour after receiving assurances about players safety.
After recent security problems in the region, the New Zealand Cricket Players Association visited Sri Lanka in June and assessed the proposed security arrangements before giving the final nod.
"We requested a few changes and now it's at a level where we are confident we can travel safely," said NZCPA boss Heath Mills.
"We have a comprehensive security wing around the team; our guys will have a couple of hundred security officers around them at all times."
New Zealand have not played a single Test since April and skippper Daniel Vettori looked cautious about the fact.
Captain Daniel Vettori said: "You always want to go into a series wanting to win but if we could pull off a couple of draws or win the series 1-0, that would be an exciting result for this team."
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE