|Scorecard:||Australian Institute of Sport v South Africa Emerging Players|
|Player:||RJ Quiney, CJD de Villiers, VB van Jaarsveld, RR Rossouw|
|Event:||Cricket Australia Emerging Players Tournament 2009|
DateLine: 30th July 2009
South Africa Emerging Players will meet India in the final of the Emerging Players Tournament 2009, after they demolished the Australian Institute of Sports by 183 to secure their eighth win in a row.
A sensational batting collapse from the hosts left them all out for an utter embarrassing 44 in 13.2 overs, with Cornelius de Villiers taking 5 for 15 destroying the top order.
Chasing 228 for victory, Australia never looked in the hunt, losing seven wickets in the first seven overs, with de Villiers taking five, including three in his third over.
Only two batsmen, Rob Quiney and Jon Holland, somehow managed double figures as Craig Alexander and Basheeru-Deen Walters offered excellent support to de Villiers.
Earlier, South Africa's total was built around a 97-run third-wicket partnership between captain Vaughn van Jaarsveld and Rilee Rossouw.
Both batsmen fell off successive balls in the 23rd over, though, and the innings fell away thereafter, as South Africa lost their last eight wickets for only 92.
South Africa now face India in the final on Saturday. Australia are out of the tournament and will play New Zealand in the third-place playoff.
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England in India 2016/17
- England Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- Pakistan Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE