|Scorecard:||Australian Institute of Sport v National Cricket Academy|
|Player:||RJ Quiney, JP Faulkner, AM Rahane, V Kohli|
|Event:||Cricket Australia Emerging Players Tournament 2009|
DateLine: 29th July 2009
India thumped hosts AIS by five wickets to keep alive their hopes of reaching the Emerging Players Tournament final.
Ajinkya Rahane and Virat Kohli starred in a 103-run opening wicket stand as India got the better of Australian Institute of Sports.
Having been asked to bat first, Australia kept losing wickets at regular intervals and it was because of Rob Quiney's run-a-ball 55 and James Faulkner's gutsy 38 that the hosts reached 176 before collapsing in 47 overs.
Amit Mishra and captain S Badrinath returned two scalps each for the Indians.
Chasing the modest total, Rahane (61 off 59 balls) and Kohli (51 off 38 balls) provided the perfect start, and the tourists cruised to 176 for five in 27.5 overs.
Both Rahane and Kohli ripped open the Australian attack and the hosts failed in stemming the run flow.
The openers cruised along as they put on 103 runs in 14-odd overs without any hiccup.
Australia then saw glimmer of hope triggering a mini-collapse as India suddenly slumped from the comfort of 103 for no loss to 151 for five inside 24 overs.
Abhishek Nayar (17) and Wriddhiman Saha (10) though were in no mood to let the advantage slip. They took over and saw side through.
Both India and AIS are on six points with one game to play. India play New Zealand in their last league match while Australia face the mighty South Africa.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- Australia in India 2016/17
- Australia Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in India 2016/17
- Ireland in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa in New Zealand 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Australia 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE