DateLine: 29th July 2009
Though India have been outplayed in the ICC World Twenty20 this time, coach Gary Kirsten says they will come back strongly next year.
The next edition of the event is just eight months away.
"We will make sure that our preparations next time are good," Kirsten said.
India who entered the coveted tournament as defending champions, did not even make the semifinals this time, losing all their super eight stage matches.
The former South African opener also stressed on the importance of Test cricket.
"We just need to be careful. Twenty20 and the Indian Premier League are a great product, very popular. But Tests is what the game stands for. It's been around for so long," he told a news channel.
Kirsten also said the IPL, should stay in India.
"The fans here enjoyed it immensely. It was an amazing experience for them but IPL should remain in India because it's an Indian product," he said.
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE