DateLine: 29th July 2009
Though India have been outplayed in the ICC World Twenty20 this time, coach Gary Kirsten says they will come back strongly next year.
The next edition of the event is just eight months away.
"We will make sure that our preparations next time are good," Kirsten said.
India who entered the coveted tournament as defending champions, did not even make the semifinals this time, losing all their super eight stage matches.
The former South African opener also stressed on the importance of Test cricket.
"We just need to be careful. Twenty20 and the Indian Premier League are a great product, very popular. But Tests is what the game stands for. It's been around for so long," he told a news channel.
Kirsten also said the IPL, should stay in India.
"The fans here enjoyed it immensely. It was an amazing experience for them but IPL should remain in India because it's an Indian product," he said.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- New Zealand in Australia 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE