|Scorecard:||Kent v Durham|
|Player:||DM Benkenstein, RWT Key, DM Benkenstein, WD Parnell|
|Event:||Twenty20 Cup 2009|
DateLine: 28th July 2009
Kent reached the semi-finals with a 56-run victory over Durham. The hosts, who were runners-up last year, looked in trouble at the half-way stage having just accumulated 149-7 following skipper Robert Key's decision to bat first.
But Durham's run chase never got going after the loss of opening batsman Phil Mustard to the very first delivery of the innings.
Mustard holed out to mid-off from the bowling of Kent's South African paceman Wayne Parnell.
Parnell then also accounted for the dangerous David Warner, also for a duck, in the third over to leave Durham reeling at 5-2.
The visitors never got going after that as Wickets continued to fall regularly - Kyle Coetzer (12) was brilliantly stumped by Geraint Jones standing up to Simon Cook's medium pace and Ian Blackwell ran himself out without scoring.
Ryan McLaren (1-25) accounted for Will Smith (3) and, when James Tredwell had Gareth Breese caught for five, Durham were already tottering at 39-6.
Only Dale Benkenstein, with 47 then offered a little resistance but off-spinner Tredwell (3-18) picked up two more wickets as Durham were all out for 93 in 17.2 overs.
Earlier, Kent looked on course for a bigger score as opening pair Key (30) and Joe Denly (31) raced to a half-century stand for the first wicket.
But then both fell to Ben Harmison with the score on 69 and Durham, who produced an impressive fielding effort, made regular inroads thereafter.
- Asia Cup 2015/16
- Australia in New Zealand 2015/16
- England in South Africa 2015/16
- England Women in South Africa 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in Australia 2015/16
- India Women in Australia 2015/16
- Netherlands in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Pakistan in New Zealand 2015/16
- Scotland in Hong Kong 2015/16
- Scotland in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in India 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE