|Player:||H Davids, MS Tshabalala, TLW Cooper|
|Event:||Cricket Australia Emerging Players Tournament 2009|
DateLine: 28th July 2009
After five one-day wins on the trot, South Africa Emerging Players continued to dominate in the Twenty20 format as well. They easily cruised past the Australian Institute of Sports (AIS) at the Albury Oval.
First they restricted the hosts to 132, and then courtesy a brilliant batting display by Henry Davids won with nine balls to spare.
The AIS innings never got going off after opting to bat first, as Thandi Tshabalala and Basheeru-Deen Walters blew the top order apart. Then a 46-run partnership between Tom Cooper and Kane Richardson for the fifth wicket helped AIS save face.
Cooper looked in total control during his 30-ball stay, hitting four fours and two sixes. After he fell with the score on 83, Richardson ensured AIS finish with a reasonably competitive total.
Then Davids provided a scintillating start to the chase smashing AIS bowlers to all parts during his 47-ball knock, which included six fours and four sixes.
He was well supported by Dean Elgar as the two put on 80 for the second wicket. Richardson picked up two wickets towards the end, but it was too late for a comeback.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE