|Event:||Pakistan in Sri Lanka 2009|
DateLine: 27th July 2009
The Pakistani captain Younis Khan is still firm in his decision as not to come out of retirement in the Twenty20 format.
"My decision is final. I don't consider myself fit enough for this format of the game," he said from Colombo in an interview.
Younis had announced his retirement from the shortest form of the game after Pakistan won the Twenty20 World Cup in England last month. The 31-year-old said he doesn't want to be ridiculed by fans by going back on his decision.
"I had taken the decision to retire even before we won the World Cup. So it is final. I just want to focus and concentrate on building up a strong test and one-day side for the coming tournaments," he said.
Younis said PCB Chairman Ejaz Butt had visited Sri Lanka recently and also spoke to him on phone but didn't discuss the issue of his retirement from Twenty20 cricket.
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE