|Event:||Pakistan in Sri Lanka 2009|
DateLine: 27th July 2009
The Pakistani captain Younis Khan is still firm in his decision as not to come out of retirement in the Twenty20 format.
"My decision is final. I don't consider myself fit enough for this format of the game," he said from Colombo in an interview.
Younis had announced his retirement from the shortest form of the game after Pakistan won the Twenty20 World Cup in England last month. The 31-year-old said he doesn't want to be ridiculed by fans by going back on his decision.
"I had taken the decision to retire even before we won the World Cup. So it is final. I just want to focus and concentrate on building up a strong test and one-day side for the coming tournaments," he said.
Younis said PCB Chairman Ejaz Butt had visited Sri Lanka recently and also spoke to him on phone but didn't discuss the issue of his retirement from Twenty20 cricket.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE