DateLine: 26th July 2009
New Zealand skipper Daniel Vettori has said that New Zealand cricketers may not choose country over cash for the IPL.
"A lot of guys put a lot of thought into it. I am only 30 and have a lot of goals I still want to achieve with New Zealand. It's a difficult decision and people have families and other issues to work through but our priority was to play for New Zealand," Vettori was quoted as saying by the New Zealand Herald.
"We want to make the most of that and have a successful team. But we realise that if these situations continue to come up, it will be difficult for players to continue to turn down the money, so we implore the powers that be to (find a solution) so we don't have to make these decisions every year," he added.
The skipper's comments come after six players with IPL contracts - Vettori, Brendon McCullum, Jacob Oram, Ross Taylor, Jesse Ryder and Kyle Mills - signed their New Zealand Cricket contracts, making themselves available to play Australia.
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE