|Ground:||County Ground, Hove|
|Scorecard:||England Under-19s v Bangladesh Under-19s|
|Player:||Noor Hossain, SA Northeast, Anamul Haque|
|Event:||Bangladesh Under-19s in England 2009|
DateLine: 24th July 2009
Bangladesh U-19 have registered their first win of the tour when they humbled England U-19 by 53 runs. It was a wonderful performance from the Bangladeshi bowlers who not only kept a lid over the scoring but also picked up important wickets at the crucial juncture to puncture the English chase.
Bangladesh were kept down to a paltry score of 192. Opener and wicketkeeper Anamul Haque showed the needed application as he was the top scorer in a disappointing batting scorecard. The Bangladeshi side lost wickets almost regularly and it seemed that they would not cross 150 run mark, but late order sensible batting from Noor Hossain helped push the score past the 150 run mark. For England Azeem Rafiq, Riazuddin and Briggs took two wickets apiece.
The English team in reply were never at ease against an accurate Bangladeshi bowlers as they kept a tight leash over the English batsmen. With long periods where scoring became almost nil, the batsmen manufactured shots only to be dismissed regularly. Northeast continued with his good run with the bat against Bangladesh but only this time he could not take the team to win.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE