|Scorecard:||New Zealand Emerging Players v South Africa Emerging Players|
|Player:||MS Tshabalala, NB Beard, HG Kuhn, RR Rossouw, TG Southee|
|Event:||Cricket Australia Emerging Players Tournament 2009|
DateLine: 23rd July 2009
South Africa Emerging Players defeated New Zealand, whose batting woes continued to let them down in pursuit of a small target. While bowling Tim Southee and Neil Wagner were impressive with their fast bowling as South Africa were dismissed for 203, but New Zealand's top order was quickly in trouble at 3 for 26 and could not never come back.
Wagner and Colin de Grandhomme started well for New Zealand hitting at South Africa's top order but sooner Rilee Rossouw carried the innings with a composed 67 and Heino Kuhn also contributed 44 from 51 balls. Wanger and Southee checked the lower order well as South Africa were dismissed in 48.2 overs.
Then CJD de Villiers and Thandi Tshabalala, who took 4 for 41, exposed the New Zealand batting as South Africa continued their unbeaten run in the tournament. BJ Watling went for 8 and de Villiers found the edge of de Grandhomme's bat for 10.
After this New Zealand slumped to 4 for 49. Anaru Kitchen (37) and Nick Beard (41 not out) found little support along the way as Tshabala struck with his handy and accurate spin.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE