|Scorecard:||New Zealand Emerging Players v South Africa Emerging Players|
|Player:||MS Tshabalala, NB Beard, HG Kuhn, RR Rossouw, TG Southee|
|Event:||Cricket Australia Emerging Players Tournament 2009|
DateLine: 23rd July 2009
South Africa Emerging Players defeated New Zealand, whose batting woes continued to let them down in pursuit of a small target. While bowling Tim Southee and Neil Wagner were impressive with their fast bowling as South Africa were dismissed for 203, but New Zealand's top order was quickly in trouble at 3 for 26 and could not never come back.
Wagner and Colin de Grandhomme started well for New Zealand hitting at South Africa's top order but sooner Rilee Rossouw carried the innings with a composed 67 and Heino Kuhn also contributed 44 from 51 balls. Wanger and Southee checked the lower order well as South Africa were dismissed in 48.2 overs.
Then CJD de Villiers and Thandi Tshabalala, who took 4 for 41, exposed the New Zealand batting as South Africa continued their unbeaten run in the tournament. BJ Watling went for 8 and de Villiers found the edge of de Grandhomme's bat for 10.
After this New Zealand slumped to 4 for 49. Anaru Kitchen (37) and Nick Beard (41 not out) found little support along the way as Tshabala struck with his handy and accurate spin.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE