|Scorecard:||West Indies v Bangladesh|
|Player:||Shakib Al Hasan, OJ Phillips, Tamim Iqbal, DE Bernard|
|Event:||Bangladesh in West Indies 2009|
DateLine: 20th July 2009
David Bernard played a lone hand as West Indies limped to 192 for eight at stumps on day three of the second Test against Bangladesh.
The absences of the major Windies players due to a contract dispute with the West Indies Cricket Board of the likes of Chris Gayle, Shivnarine Chanderpaul and Ramnaresh Sarwan not playing were painfully noticeable as the Bangladesh attack took wickets at regular intervals.
The home side lead by 197 heading into day four with Bernard key if they are to set the tourists a challenging victory target.
Bernard played attacking cricket from the outset and his runs came off just 71 balls. Apart fromm him only Travis Dowlin made 49.
The hosts started the day on 56 for one but then lost wickets at frequent intervals.
Omar Phillips was first to depart for 29, Shakib Al Hasan snaring his second wicket of the innings after also striking last night.
Ryan Hinds (two) and captain Floyd Reifer (three) came and went quickly before Dowlin, who made 95 in the first innings, fell just one run short of another half-century.
Bernard and Darren Sammy then frustrated the Bangladeshis with a 56-run partnership for the sixth wicket. Sammy then fell for 22 as Enamul Haque Jnr scalped his wicket.
That prompted another mini-collapse with wicketkeeper Chadwick Walton (one) and Ryan Austin (three) both failing to offer any support to Bernard.
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England in India 2016/17
- England Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- Pakistan Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
- West Indies Women in India 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE