|Scorecard:||West Indies v Bangladesh|
|Player:||Tamim Iqbal, Imrul Kayes|
|Event:||Bangladesh in West Indies 2009|
DateLine: 10th July 2009
Only 18.5 overs of play were being bowled as rain disrupted the first day of the first Test between Bangladesh and West Indies.
The visitors were 42 without loss at the end of a stop-start day with Imrul Kayes and Tamim Iqbal at the crease.
Rain delayed the start of the game at Kingstown. Then eventually Bangladesh won the toss and put themselves in to bat.
Openers Kayes and Iqbal made a cautious start as they reached tea on 36 without loss.
The game resumed after tea but after just six more runs being added the rain forced them off again and play was later abandoned for the day.
Kayes was unbeaten on 26 off 52 deliveries with Iqbal 14 not out off 18.5 overs.
The game anyways is being overshadowed because of a second string side being selected for West Indies after more established names pulled out because of a contract dispute.
The likes of Shivnarine Chanderpaul and Ramnaresh Sarwan sat out the clash due to the West Indies Players' Association (WIPA) recommending they boycott the game because of a long-standing row over retainer contracts for players.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE