|Scorecard:||England Women v Australia Women|
|Player:||SJ Taylor, HL Colvin, KH Brunt, CMG Atkins, RM Farrell, LK Ebsary|
|Event:||Australia Women in England 2009|
DateLine: 29th June 2009
The England women, riding on some fine bowling from Holly Colvin and Katherine Brunt, followed up by a 119-run opening stand between Sarah Taylor and Caroline Atkins, crushed Australia by nine wickets in the first of five One-day Internationals.
Batting first, Australia were set back by right-arm medium-pacer Brunt and left-arm spinner Colvin. Losing their first wicket without a run on the board, Australia were 7/57 after 22.3 overs, threatening to fall for less than a hundred.
It took and innings of 39 not out from Rene Farrell and 23 runs from Lauren Ebsary to get the Aussies anywhere close to a 100. No. 11 Sarah Andrews contributed 16 runs.
For England, Colvin claimed 3/27 and Brunt 2/22.
In reply, Taylor scored 68 runs off 74 balls with eight boundaries while Atkins ended up 48 not out as England walked away with the honours.
Wicketkeeper Taylor, who also had two catches and a stumping to her credit, was named player of the match.
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England in India 2016/17
- England Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- Pakistan Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
- West Indies Women in India 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE