|Scorecard:||Australia Women v West Indies Women|
|Player:||S Nitschke, LC Sthalekar, RM Farrell, DJS Dottin|
|Event:||ICC Women's World Twenty20 2009|
DateLine: 14th June 2009
Australia rode on some fine bowling and some contributions with the bat up the order to comprehensively defeat the West Indies and register their first points.
The West Indies women won the toss and decided to bat. After a promising 48-run opening partnership between Deandra Dottin, who compiled a fine half-century, and Stafanie Taylor, things fell away as they could only notch up 135/8 from 20 overs.
Dottin, however, was in great form as she hammered nine fours and a six off just 25 balls.
Among the bowlers, Rene Farrell and Lisa Sthalekar claimed two wickets apiece.
During the Aussie innings, Shelley Nitschke and Leah Poulton put up 50 runs for the opening stand, with the latter getting only eight of them. Nitschke however went on to score 56 runs off 38 balls with nine boundaries and a six.
Sthalekar and Farrell also displayed their batting prowess, scoring 34 and 31 not out respectively, as Australia coasted to 136/2 off 17.2 overs.
- Asia Cup 2015/16
- Australia in New Zealand 2015/16
- Australia Women in New Zealand 2015/16
- England in South Africa 2015/16
- England Women in South Africa 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Australia 2015/16
- Sri Lanka in India 2015/16
- Sri Lanka Women in India 2015/16
- West Indies Women in South Africa 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE