|Scorecard:||Deccan Chargers v Royal Challengers Bangalore|
|Player:||MK Pandey, B Akhil, A Kumble, HH Gibbs|
|Event:||Indian Premier League 2009|
DateLine: 21st May 2009
Young Manish Pandey emerged as the surprise packet as Bangalore Royal Challengers kept their comeback assault going, beating Deccan chargers by 12 runs to finish third on the points tally and enter the semi-finals.
Chasing Challengersí 170, Deccan Chargers ended at 158 for six. B. Akhil was the pick of the bowlers with figures of 2/18 off four overs while skipper Anil Kumble was as proficient as ever.
With the semi-final line-up now completed, table toppers Delhi Daredevils take on fourth placed Chargers on Friday while Bangalore meet Chennai Super Kings on Saturday.
Pandey, who represents Karnataka in domestic cricket, also became the first Indian batsman to score a century in this format.
A member of the World Cup winning under-19 squad, Pandey was dropped at third-man by RP Singh and that cost Chargers dearly. The youngsters went on to hammer an unbeaten 114 off 73 balls with ten boundaries and four sixes, to become only the second century-scorer in this yearís IPL.
The rest of the batting had little to do, part from give Pandey support and strike. Roelof van der Merwe was also sent up the order but didnít quite manage to replicate his hitting prowess.
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- Australia in India 2016/17
- Australia Women in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in India 2016/17
- Ireland in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa in New Zealand 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Australia 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE