Lancashire League champions East Lancs have signed 22 year-old Western Province fast medium bowler Quinton Friend as a replacement for Johann Louw who his joining Northants.
East Lancs chairman Larry Pearson said: "It is at present unclear when he will be available to play for the club due to the 20/20 competition in South Africa, but we are hoping for clarification within the next few days. An amicable financial settlement was reached between the club and Northants which allowed us to sign Quinton fairly quickly."
Friend has taken 33 wickets at a cost of 30.4 runs each since making his First-class debut in 2002-3. He is also a right handed lower order batsman with the highly respectable average of 43.7 from 9 innings, just 3 of which were completed with a highest score of 36 not out.
He was recommended to the club by former East Lancs professional Alan Dawson who plays in the same side as Friend. In his last First-class game he took 5-34 against Griqualand West in a SuperSport Series 2003/04 Super Six match.
East Lancs will play three pre-season friendlies next month ahead of their Colne Cup match with Rawtenstall and the defence of their league title the following day which begins at Lowerhouse. On Sunday April 4th, they take on Northern Premier League champions Darwen at Alexandra Meadows with away games at Morecambe and Blackpool the following weekend.
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE