WILKINSON, William O’Brien Camac.
Born at Glebe Point, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, 15th September 1857.
Died at Virginia Water, Surrey, 2nd February 1946.
He came to England to qualify as a medical doctor and played in eight first-class cricket matches, five of them for Middlesex. He returned to Australia to practise as a doctor and while there in 1892 his son William Alexander Camac Wilkinson was born. He was to play cricket for Eton, Oxford University and the MCC.
At the time of the 1881 Census he was living at 2 Manchester Street, Marylebone, London, aged 23, unmarried, and a medical student, with his aunt, Maria M. Wilkinson, aged 57, unmarried, born at sea! There is one domestic servant Miss Mary Suse, aged 36, born in Sydney, Australia.
(Article: Copyright © 2004 Don Ambrose)
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- Digicel ODI Series 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- Sri Lanka in India 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE