WILKINSON, William O’Brien Camac.
Born at Glebe Point, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, 15th September 1857.
Died at Virginia Water, Surrey, 2nd February 1946.
He came to England to qualify as a medical doctor and played in eight first-class cricket matches, five of them for Middlesex. He returned to Australia to practise as a doctor and while there in 1892 his son William Alexander Camac Wilkinson was born. He was to play cricket for Eton, Oxford University and the MCC.
At the time of the 1881 Census he was living at 2 Manchester Street, Marylebone, London, aged 23, unmarried, and a medical student, with his aunt, Maria M. Wilkinson, aged 57, unmarried, born at sea! There is one domestic servant Miss Mary Suse, aged 36, born in Sydney, Australia.
(Article: Copyright © 2004 Don Ambrose)
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE