WILKINSON, William O’Brien Camac.
Born at Glebe Point, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, 15th September 1857.
Died at Virginia Water, Surrey, 2nd February 1946.
He came to England to qualify as a medical doctor and played in eight first-class cricket matches, five of them for Middlesex. He returned to Australia to practise as a doctor and while there in 1892 his son William Alexander Camac Wilkinson was born. He was to play cricket for Eton, Oxford University and the MCC.
At the time of the 1881 Census he was living at 2 Manchester Street, Marylebone, London, aged 23, unmarried, and a medical student, with his aunt, Maria M. Wilkinson, aged 57, unmarried, born at sea! There is one domestic servant Miss Mary Suse, aged 36, born in Sydney, Australia.
(Article: Copyright © 2004 Don Ambrose)
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- Bangladesh Women in Pakistan 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- New Zealand in Australia 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE