WALKER, Isaac Donnithorne.
Born at Southgate, Middlesex, 8th January 1844.
Died at Regentís Park, London, 6th July 1898.
The son of I Walker, of Southgate, Middlesex, he was educated at Harrow School, where he was a member of the cricket eleven 1860-63, captain 1862-63 and the football eleven 1860-62, being captain in 1862. He first played for Middlesex in 1862 and in all played in 294 first-class matches, 144 for Middlesex, being captain of that county 1873-84 and a member of the County Committee until his death. He captained Harrow Wanderers 1870-97. His was a cricketing family, his brothers, Alfred, A.H., Frederic, John, R.D., and V.E., all played for Middlesex and his uncle Henry for the MCC in 1832. He was deeply involved with the foundation of the Middlesex county club and with the running of cricket at Harrow School. He died at his brother R.D.ís home in Regentís Park, leaving R.D. the sole survivor of the seven brothers.
There is no trace of him in the Census of 1881.
(Article: Copyright © 2004 Don Ambrose)
- Afghanistan in Ireland 2016
- Afghanistan in Scotland 2016
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- India in West Indies 2016
- India in Zimbabwe 2016
- Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016
- Pakistan Women in England 2016
- Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016
- West Indies Tri-Series 2016
View all Current Events CLICK HERE