TATE, Henry William.
Born at Pond End, Lyndhurst, Hampshire, 4th October 1849.
Died at Richmond, Surrey, 9th May 1936.
He was a professional cricketer who played in 29 first-class matches for Hampshire between 1869 and 1885. He was engaged at Richmond, Surrey, in 1874-75. In 1878 he was still living at Lyndhurst. His brother Frederick was also a professional cricketer who played four first-class matches for Hampshire 1870-76.
At the time of the 1881 Census he was lodging at 1 Townshead Terrace, Richmond, Surrey, with his brother Frederick, who is aged 36, a cricketer, and his wife Annie, aged 30. They have a daughter Maud, aged 1. Also present is a niece, Theresa Rogers, aged 12, and a lodger George Bexom, aged 24, born in Gotham, Nottinghamshire. Henry is unmarried, aged 34, with no occupation given.
(Article: Copyright © 2004 Don Ambrose)
- Australia in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/17
- Desert Twenty20 2016/17
- England in India 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- Pakistan in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa Women in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in South Africa 2016/17
- United Arab Emirates Tri-series 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE