Born at Eastwood, Nottinghamshire, 24th March 1852.
Died at Nottingham, 15th April 1897.
He was a blacksmith, who lived at Somercotes, near Alfreton, Derbyshire, and played for that county in 57 matches by residential qualification. He played in 66 first-class matches in all and at one time spent some time in America, playing for the Players of America 1893-4. At one time he coached at Wellington College.
At the time of the 1881 Census he was living at 54 Coupland Placem Alfreton, Derbyshire, aged 29, an engine smith at a factory, with his wife Sarah, aged 24, born at Upper Boddington, Northampton. They have three daughters, Matilda A. aged 5, Annie E. aged 4, and Mabel aged 2, and a son Henry aged 1, all born at Somercotes, Derbyshire.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Australia in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in India 2016/17
- Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/17
- Desert Twenty20 2016/17
- England in India 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- Pakistan in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa Women in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in South Africa 2016/17
- United Arab Emirates Tri-series 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE