Born at Kilburn, Middlesex, 20th June 1859.
Died at South Moor, Abingdon, Berkshire, 27th September 1943.
Educated at Bruce Castle School, Tottenham, and at Chatham House School, Ramsgate, and was a member of the cricket eleven at both schools. He was included in the Middlesex side for 12 matches 1881-83, but in 1891 he began to play for Hampshire. In total he played in 160 first-class matches, 129 for Hampshire, and toured North America 1899 and Australia 1901/2. He captained Hampshire 1900-02.
At the time of the 1881 Census he was living at 13 Chester Terrace, St Pancras. London. The head of the house is Edwin T. Tidy, unmarried, aged 22, born London, a law student and a son (of whom is not specified). Frank Herbert Tidy, a 19 year old stock brokers clerk, and Edgar Tidy a 17 year old law student, are two more sons and Lucy M. Tidy, age 13, a daughter. Chrostobel Robson, aged 26, born Lewisham, is a stepdaughter, and Charles (21, born Kilburn) and Christopher (19, born Bloomsbury) are both law students and stepsons. There are four domestic servants.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Don Ambrose)
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE