Hugh Davies was a brisk right-arm seam bowler whose county career was blighted by a knee injury. Between 1955 and 1960 he played in 52 first-class matches for Glamorgan, and also appeared in club cricket for Llanelli, Neath, Barry and the Steel Company of Wales.
After leaving the county`s staff, Davies worked as a P.E. teacher, but he remained closely involved with cricket, coaching young players at Glamorgan`s Indoor Schoor. He has also served for many years on the county`s committee, and has recently been Chairman of the Cricket Committee.
The Welsh-speaking Davies was also a schoolboy rugby international
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Dr.A.K.Hignell)
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE