Louis Devereux joined Glamorgan in 1956 after spells with Middlesex and Worcestershire, and his steady batting and occasional off-spin won him both a regular place in the Glamorgan side and also his county cap in his first season with the Welsh county.
The following year Devereux struck a maiden Championship century against Lancashire at Old Trafford, and he passed a thousand runs for the first time in his career in 1957. Thereafter, he lost form and his place in the side, and he was released from the Glamorgan staff at the end of the 1960 season.
In his youth Devereux had been a talented table tennis player and he represented England in 1949.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Dr.A.K.Hignell)
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE