Louis Devereux joined Glamorgan in 1956 after spells with Middlesex and Worcestershire, and his steady batting and occasional off-spin won him both a regular place in the Glamorgan side and also his county cap in his first season with the Welsh county.
The following year Devereux struck a maiden Championship century against Lancashire at Old Trafford, and he passed a thousand runs for the first time in his career in 1957. Thereafter, he lost form and his place in the side, and he was released from the Glamorgan staff at the end of the 1960 season.
In his youth Devereux had been a talented table tennis player and he represented England in 1949.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Dr.A.K.Hignell)
- Australia in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/17
- Desert Twenty20 2016/17
- England in India 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- Pakistan in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa Women in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in South Africa 2016/17
- United Arab Emirates Tri-series 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE