David Thomas had a fine record bowling left-arm cutters, as well as orthodox left-arm spin, in the South Wales Cricket Association either side of the Second World War.
His early success in the Leagues, and then for Swansea University, attracted the attention of Glamorgan`s talent scouts who were keen to give a chance to promising young Welsh cricketers. He was duly chosen in 1932 for Glamorgan`s match against Northamptonshire at Swansea, but he failed to take a wicket in either innings.
The subsequent success of fellow left-arm spinners Wilf Jones and Emrys Davies meant that Thomas was not called up again, despite an outstanding record in club cricket for Pontardulais and Swansea.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Dr.A.K.Hignell)
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE