George Reed was a brisk left-arm seamer and lower order right-handed batsman who played as a professional initially with St.Fagan`s, before joining Cardiff in 1929.
He established several club records with his fast bowling for Cardiff, including 74 wickets in 1934, and his success led to selection for Glamorgan in 1934, and then a place on their staff from 1935.
Many felt that he might be a long-term replacement for Jack Mercer, but Reed only claimed one five-wicket haul at first-class level – that was in 1936 when he took 5/30 at Worcester.
Reed was released by Glamorgan at the end of the 1938 season, and he subsequently became a policeman.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Dr.A.K.Hignell)
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE