Graham Reynolds was a talented footballer and cricketer in the 1970`s. The all-rounder played football for Newport County and cricket for Newport and Glamorgan. The left-handed batsman and right-arm seam bowler played in 11 one day games for Glamorgan between 1969 and 1971, as well as making two first-class appearances, against the Jamaican tourists at Swansea in 1970, and Northamptonshire at Northampton in 1971.
He played regularly for the county`s 2nd XI until 1977, and had first played for the seconds in 1962 at the age of 25. However, Reynolds never played regularly at first-class level owing to his teaching commitments.
He also played football for Caerleon, Brecon Corries and Cwmbran Town and was a Welsh Amateur International making his debut in the 1958/59 season.
He taught for many years in the Newport area, and in recent years has been a talent scout for Football league clubs as well as acting as Glamorgan`s School Liason Officer.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Dr.A.K.Hignell)
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- South Africa in Australia 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in Zimbabwe 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE