George Shaw joined Glamorgan on a summer contract in the late 1940`s, but the right-handed batsman and off-spinner did not join the club o a full-time basis until completing his National Service in 1951.
Shaw had a slow high loop, but whilst being effective at club level for Ebbw Vale, he struggled for accuracy at first-class level. Despite taking five wickets in an innings against the Combined Services in 1952, he met with little success against the county professionals.
After leaving the Glamorgan staff at the end of the 1955 season, Shaw continued to play in club cricket. In 1978 he emigrated to Australia but was killed in a car crash six years later in South Australia.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Dr.A.K.Hignell)
- Australia in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- New Zealand in United Arab Emirates 2014/15
- South Africa in Australia 2014/15
- South Africa in New Zealand 2014/15
- South Africa Women in Sri Lanka 2014/15
- West Indies in India 2014/15
- West Indies Women in Australia 2014/15
- Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2014/15
View all Current Events CLICK HERE