George Shaw joined Glamorgan on a summer contract in the late 1940`s, but the right-handed batsman and off-spinner did not join the club o a full-time basis until completing his National Service in 1951.
Shaw had a slow high loop, but whilst being effective at club level for Ebbw Vale, he struggled for accuracy at first-class level. Despite taking five wickets in an innings against the Combined Services in 1952, he met with little success against the county professionals.
After leaving the Glamorgan staff at the end of the 1955 season, Shaw continued to play in club cricket. In 1978 he emigrated to Australia but was killed in a car crash six years later in South Australia.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Dr.A.K.Hignell)
- Australia in New Zealand 2016/17
- Bangladesh in New Zealand 2016/17
- Desert Twenty20 2016/17
- England in India 2016/17
- ICC Women's World Cup Qualifier 2016/17
- Pakistan in Australia 2016/17
- South Africa Women in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Sri Lanka in South Africa 2016/17
- United Arab Emirates Tri-series 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE