Edward Sweet-Escott was a member of the sporting family of Sweet-Escotts who were the offspring, and cousins, of the Rector of St.Fagan`s.
He was an attractive middle-order batsman who played with much success for both Cardiff and the St.Fagan`s club, and was a regular in Glamorgan`s side in their Minor County games between 1902 and 1920.
He played his first game for the county in 1902 against Monmouthshire at Newport, and in 1909 he struck a fine 129 against Carmarthenshire at Llanelli. Although his best years were well behind him, Sweet-Escott played in one first-class match for Glamorgan in 1921.
He had also served on the Glamorgan committee before the Great War, and in his youth had been a fine hockey player with Cardiff, winning two Welsh caps in 1912.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Dr.A.K.Hignell)
- Afghanistan in Bangladesh 2016/17
- Australia in South Africa 2016/17
- Australia Women in Sri Lanka 2016/17
- England in Bangladesh 2016/17
- England Women in West Indies 2016/17
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- Ireland in South Africa 2016/17
- New Zealand in India 2016/17
- New Zealand Women in South Africa 2016/17
- West Indies in United Arab Emirates 2016/17
View all Current Events CLICK HERE