Edward Sweet-Escott was a member of the sporting family of Sweet-Escotts who were the offspring, and cousins, of the Rector of St.Fagan`s.
He was an attractive middle-order batsman who played with much success for both Cardiff and the St.Fagan`s club, and was a regular in Glamorgan`s side in their Minor County games between 1902 and 1920.
He played his first game for the county in 1902 against Monmouthshire at Newport, and in 1909 he struck a fine 129 against Carmarthenshire at Llanelli. Although his best years were well behind him, Sweet-Escott played in one first-class match for Glamorgan in 1921.
He had also served on the Glamorgan committee before the Great War, and in his youth had been a fine hockey player with Cardiff, winning two Welsh caps in 1912.
(Article: Copyright © 2003 Dr.A.K.Hignell)
- Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- England in United Arab Emirates 2015/16
- ICC Women's Championship 2014 to 2016/17
- ICC World Cricket League Championship 2015 to 2017
- Ireland in Zimbabwe 2015/16
- New Zealand in Australia 2015/16
- Pakistan Women in West Indies and United States of America 2015/16
- South Africa in India 2015/16
- West Indians in Sri Lanka 2015/16
View all Current Events CLICK HERE